[nfbcs] linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Jul 17 20:35:55 UTC 2015

Lots of problems installing current versions of sonar for now.  From
what I read, Kendal Clark has about had it with manjaro and I can't
blame him either.  Also for the foreseeable future, any accessO to
sourceforge.net has to be done through a javascript-capable browser since
sourceforge.net went into disaster recovery mode yesterday morning.  A
really good linux especially for anyone interested in a security career
is kali linux.  I was able to install it without a screen and I didn't
run orca to get that done either.  Since kali linux is debian-based I hit
s at the boot prompt and started answering questions with my keyboard
from the sound card.  When the installation was finished I rebooted and
had orca already running.  The debian accessibility installer does all
the work on that distro to get it installed.

kde is available and since I have time a screen reader for it called
jovie is available.  I'll probably try installing that and use jovie
where possible and see how far I get since I'm curious about that
environment in terms of accessibility possibilities.  Orca is the
mainstream and jovie and emacspeak are other possibilities with emacspeak
having specialized in accessibility since its beginning.