[nfbcs] Getting Rid of the Ribbon or Alternative to Microsoft Office

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat May 30 19:28:21 UTC 2015

Yes, I am fully aware of the JAWS virtual ribbons. Although it helps with
behavior, it does not put the commands back in the places that they were in
for earlier versions, a problem that annoys blind and sighted users alike.
I have already done a search on Google for programs that bring back the
classic menus. As I stated in my original email, they just add the old
functionality back, but they do not hide the ribbon. In general, if I write
to this list, it means that I have already gone and done a search or
exhausted all resources that I have and am just trying to see if anyone has
some extra information, so please do not suggest that I go Google stuff.

Nicole