[nfbcs] Frequent JAWS crashes when using Microsoft products

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 02:21:59 UTC 2015

I pretty much only run Windows on the job. I'm running Windows 7 on a
Dell laptop. I'm not sure which one, and I'll have to check the specs on
it. It's not a top of the line laptop, but I know the specs are decent.
I'll try to post the specs later. BTW, I'm not a fan of Dell laptops
anymore, but that's a different topic. I'm using Office 2013 and JAWS 16
with Eloquence. A couple times a week, I get the Outlook is not
responding dialog, but like I said in a previous post, I don't think I
see this any more frequently than my sighted colleagues. That's pretty
much the only instability or frustration I have with this setup.

I'm not sure what to suggest other than routine maintenance on your
Windows system. If you haven't tried this already, you may want to
reinstall JAWS and remove any shared components if you can get away with
that. I know I had to do this after upgrading from JAWS 14 because I was
having issues like JAWS not working with Adobe and Firefox.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail