[nfbcs] Is The Greyhound Site Accessible

Gregory Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 17:56:07 UTC 2015

I was able to do it using VoiceOver on a Mac with one exception, there seems to be no way to select the number of persons traveling on the reservation.

My sample trip was from Chicago to Kansas City leaving on Nov 1, 2015.

the mobile site would neither permit me to select the date or change the number of passengers and so is not accessible.

So given this I would say that neither of these sites are accessible to screen reader users. and charging a fee to access the alternative method is in effect a charge placed only on the disabled.

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 10:11 AM, Louis Maher via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Using screen-reader software (JAWS and NVDA), and trying either Internet
> Explorer 11 or Firefox, has anyone ever been able to make a bus reservation
> using the various Greyhound websites (https://www.greyhound.com/ or
> https://mobile.greyhound.com/) using zero-vision techniques?
>
> Their phone number is 1-800-231-2222, and you can make reservations through
> the phone for a $10 fee.
>

> Regards
> Louis Maher
> Phone 713-444-7838
> E-mail ljmaher at swbell.net

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA