[nfbcs] 3D Printing

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 2 04:30:16 UTC 2016

Hello:

     Some files can be sent directly to a 3d printer. For example, the
.thing format files from MakerBot can be sent to a MakerBot printer. This is
because they are prepared to be printed in a specific location on the
printer bed. A .thing type file is only usable on a MakerBot.

      .stl files, a very common format is analogous to a Word file. Word
uses a Word file to drive a particular printer creating a specific data
stream. The software used to drive 3d printers take .stl files and likewise
produces a stream of data specific to a given 3d printer.

Regards,

Robert