[nfbcs] flatbed scanner recommendation

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 4 19:17:31 UTC 2016

Anybody have a recommendation for a flatbed scanner for use with OCR?  I
don't do a whole lot of scanning. Sometimes I scan my mail. Sometimes I
scan in books. I probably don't need a top of the line system. But I
don't know if I should be looking in the $200 or the $400 or the $800
price range.

I also don't even have a Windows machine. I use linux with the tesseract
OCR engine. So the software that comes with the scanner will probably be
of no use to me.
Feel free to recommend a scanner even if you don't know if it's linux
compatible. I'll check that.