[nfbcs] Computer Science Career Questions

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Mon Jan 4 20:48:43 UTC 2016

I would say IT would be a good field for you if you are not willing to complete the math required to receive the CS degree. I am graduating this semester in Software Engineering and had a secondary in IT. If I could give you a few suggestions I would say it is crucial for you to learn the Linux/Unix operating systems primarily the command line. The Linux/Unix operating system is so powerful and right out of the box they are accessible using a screen reader. I would also suggest you continue to learn and read about emerging technologies so you do not get left behind when new things are being released. As John said almost every IT professional uses Linux and that part is great but often times new technologies are adopted which might not be accessible forcing you to find work arounds and/or work on obsolete technology. As the internet of things grows and more devices are being managed via the web IT jobs are going to be very important so I would say if you are interested in this field go for it and have a can do attitude never giving up when things get difficult!