[nfbcs] Computer Science Career Questions

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 5 00:30:34 UTC 2016

Hello:

     I have a BS degree in Computer Science (1976). It had a lot of math
courses most of which I didn't find very useful. I would suggest you learn
C, C++, Possibly C# and Java. You should also know html,  css and
JavaScript. For sure learn Linux and Windows programming. It wouldn't hurt
to learn about developing IOS applications for iPhones. I would try and take
some robotics courses if possible. When it came time for me to interview for
jobs, the thing most interesting to potential employers were the various
projects I did. I wrote a cross assembler for the Zilog Z80 microprocessor
and also a cross compiler. The knowledge and experience you gain from doing
projects is invaluable. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert