[nfbcs] Computer science major college question

Andy B. sonfire11 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:18:57 UTC 2016

1. I had to take calculus. Why? When you start getting into database cross products, intersections, and unions/set theory, having an understanding of these from a math point of view helps. Finally, during week 1 of one of my programming classes starting tomorrow, we have to write a program that solves a 4-line algebra problem.
2. The DS offices did not do much for me in my undergrad degree.
3. Almost all schools require a foreign language credit(s). Mine did  not because I took classes online.