[nfbcs] Power Supply, and Computer Expense Upkeep

charleseblack charleseblack at att.net
Thu Jul 7 17:10:23 UTC 2016

All:

Equipment on any system can fail. The power supply can fail because of

Hard disk of fans not spinning right
Overheating due to system fan failure
Electronic shocks from the case
Smoke

Note:  you could just get the power supply replaced.

Hard Disks can fail. Reasons are:

Bumping the computer
Heads moving around on the platters can fail to move
Heat
Slow reads

Note:  the best idea is to get regular backups so you do not lose much data.

Fan problems can kill many things. Fans can stop working because of
overheating or dust buildup.

Note:  It is a good idea to clean your fans every six months.

There are routine tasks that should be performed. Devices can fail, data can
become corrupt. It is a matter of time. As stated earlier, system backups
are essential for data preservation. It doesn't matter what type of computer
you have, it will fail if the situation is right.

Bruce, James. (2012, July 18). Every Computer Dies in The End. Retrieved
from http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/computer-dies-learn-parts-fail/ on
07/07/2016

Charles E. Black, Security+ certified
charleseblack at att.net