[nfbcs] Fake Cover Letters Expose Discrimination Against Disabled

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 11 13:02:52 UTC 2016

I have a reasonable understanding of the ADA when it comes to how reasonable
accommodation is interpreted, but I would argue for any client who pressed
the state agency to provide the initial equipment for a job. It is one thing
to demonstrate to an employer that I have worth and then expect him to pick
up the same cost that he does for others, but I think it is a very different
thing for an employer who doesn't know me or much of anything about blind
people to be told that I will need screen reading software, a notetaker, and
perhaps a scanner and some additional software. For the agency to drop the
ball after carrying it 90% of the way seems foolish to me.