[nfbcs] virtualbox (was: Putty accessibility)

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Mon Apr 17 00:00:56 UTC 2017

The debian installer is accessible within a virtualbox virtual machine.
If you configure a sound card, you can get speech during the install by
pressing the S key. I have to create a lot of virtual machines so I have
a bash script to do it. When I need a new debian virtual machine, I just
tweak this script. I'll provide a link to the script but keep in mind
that I wrote it for my own use, never thinking I'd share it with anyone.
  At the very least, you can use it as a collection of examples of using
the vboxmanage command, even if you use Windows.

http://www.iavit.org/~john/virtualbox/debian64

You have to put  the debian net installer iso image somewhere that the
script can get to it and tweak the script to tell it where the image is.
The script creates a virtual DVD drive and loads the ISO image into it.
It creates a virtual disk inside the subdirectory that Virtualbox
creates for the virtual machine. You may have to tweak things like how
much ram and how big a disk you want.

If you want, I can fix up the script so it's more generally useful and
create a wiki entry on wiki.iavit.org to explain how to use it. But give
me a few days to get that done.