[nfbcs] Trivia game help

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Apr 18 16:24:28 UTC 2017

Taylor:
This is one of those code files that I look at and don't really know
what to do with. I'm going to give you a lot of information here.
First, don't store everything in objects. Objects are quite literally
what everything inherits and you're going to run into a lot of issues.
If something is a string, make it a string. If it's an array, make it an
array.
Second, you need to evaluate why there are so many variables, whether or
not you need them and most importantly why they're all private static. I
recommend creating a separate game object that your main method can load
and work with.
third, evaluate your logic.
Right now you request an answer from the user (without showing the
question), read a list of questions, create another question and want an
answer to that from what I can tell.

So your logic should look like this:
1) read a list of questions and answers and store those somewhere. It
might be worth creating a Question class that holds the question and
individual answers. Then just store a list of those on your main class,
in your main method or in a game class. The latter is preferable.
2) Randomly choose a question from the list, store that question so you
have a reference to it and print the question itself.
3) prompt user for answer
4) compare answer with that of the question.
HTH,

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield