[nfbcs] using note takers vs. Braille displays/tablets

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 13:20:18 UTC 2017

Greetings all,

I need to replace my BrailleNote Apex that I've had for about six years.

I've used it out in the field quite a bit,and it's crashing at inopportune
times.

I had opportunities to look at various Braille displays and at the El
Braille at the NFB convention. I'm writing a proposal requesting that my
employer help with purchasing some new equipment.

I'm wondering if the best option would be to get a small Braille display
such as the Focus 14 and use it in conjunction with either my iPhone or a
Windows-based tablet.

I'm not sure if I need a note taker as I need a device for taking notes,
posting to social media and recording when I'm out in the field.

On the other hand, I like the idea of having one device to carry instead of
several.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Best regards.

Liz Campbell