[nfbcs] using note takers vs. Braille displays/tablets

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 28 13:53:53 UTC 2017

I have recently bought a Varioultra 20 from Baum.  It is both a notetaker
and a braille display.  It connects either via Bluetooth or USB.  It is very
small and light.  It was also considerably cheaper than other notetakers,
probably because it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles.  It has no
built-in internet connection, calendar, etc.  If I want that, I connect it
to something that has internet, like my iPhone.
The only drawback is the battery life, which is only about a day of hard
use.  But, if I remember to charge it, or carry a USB battery, it's not
really a problem.
Tracy