[nfbcs] Keyboard with Volume Control Dial

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Mon Jun 5 16:04:04 UTC 2017

Hi Nicole,

Does the volume control need to be a dial, or would buttons work for you? There seem to be many keyboards with buttons for volume up, volume down, and mute.  The keyboard I use is from Microsoft, and it has the sound-related buttons as well as a large number of shortcut keys for opening other applications, switching between music tracks, etc.

Joseph Drenth
R&D Software Engineer
JBT Corporation  |  Automated Systems
400 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA  18914, USA
E: joe.drenth at jbtc.com  P: 215 822 4457
www.jbtc-agv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Nicole Torcolini via nfbcs
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2017 12:28 AM
To: nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Cc: Nicole Torcolini
Subject: [nfbcs] Keyboard with Volume Control Dial

                A few years, I received a keyboard at work that had a volume control dial. When the USB cable on it wore out recently, they were unable to replace it as it is no longer sold by the manufacturer. They told me the name of it, but, when I bought one of that name, it was not the right keyboard, so I returned it. I am still looking for a keyboard that has a volume control dial. The keyboard that I had also had a row of shortcut keys that went to email, internet, etc., which would be nice but are not necessary. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nicole