[nfbcs] Next version of Windows to have more sandboxing

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Tue May 16 21:41:59 UTC 2017

I'm listening now to Steve Givson's security now,
https://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

https://twit.tv/shows/security-now

he has some very interesting comments about the direction Microsoft is heading.

Basically he says that universal apps will become more and more sandboxed; desktop applications as we know them will fully disappear, and external software will no longer be able to capture screen or keyboard content. The idea is to completely eliminate the ability for keystroke loggers to exist and for malware to do screen scraping to capture sensitive information.  The idea is to increase security by making Windows less open and friendly to power users.

But what is a screen reader but a sophisticated screen scraper and keystroke logger? I wonder how this change will affect us blind users.

--Debee