[nfbcs] Next version of Windows to have more sandboxing

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue May 16 21:57:33 UTC 2017

For what it's worth, Steve Gibson has claimed to do a lot of things,
including coin the term spyware and etc. Instead of using his vast
security knowledge though, he's pedaling random programs that are
usually not security related. But to tackle the claim:

Even in windows 10, the windows API still includes old features that are
not removed and odd hold-overs from windows 95 and others. Sandboxing
all applications and programs is something that will take a huge
overhaul and redesign of the operating system to accomplish, which would
also have the affect of literally breaking so many windows programs that
most people use daily. Microsoft is going to make a lot of changes I'm
sure--they need to try to keep up with OSX in some regards and chromeOS
and others, but I can't see sandboxing everything being one of those
changes.

HTH,