[nfbcs] New Computer Science / Data Science Student Questions

Drenth, Joe Joe.Drenth at JBTC.COM
Wed Apr 25 19:50:03 UTC 2018

Hi Will,

If your education and career plans involve data analytics, I recommend that you become an expert at using Excel. It has powerful features when you install the free Analysis Toolpack and Solver plug-in, such as performing linear and nonlinear regression analysis, what-if analysis, and much  more.

Excel will  be very helpful while you learn the theories of data analytics, and you can compare Excel's results with your own when you get to the point of modeling these methods in software.

Joseph Drenth
Senior R&D Software Engineer
JBT Corporation  |  Automated Systems
400 Highpoint Drive
Chalfont, PA  18914, USA
E: joe.drenth at jbtc.com  P: 215 822 4457
www.jbtc-agv.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Will929 via nfbcs
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:08 PM
To: nfbcs at nfbnet.org
Cc: Will929
Subject: [nfbcs] New Computer Science / Data Science Student Questions

Hello there,

I am a totally blind student in the field of data science. I am writing to you all today in hopes of learning of tools that you all find to be critical when working in the computer science field. I read Braille and am getting a Braille Display soon. Also, I am aware of the Audio Graphing Calculator, and I can operate JAWS proficiently. Other than these three things, do any of you have suggestions, and recommendation of hardware, software, or other tools that will be useful during my studies or afterward on the job _______________________________________________
nfbcs mailing list
nfbcs at nfbnet.org