[nfbcs] choosing a specialization within CS

Ryan Boudwin ryanboudwin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:38:38 UTC 2018

I currently work in enterprise technical support management. I've always
had an interest in software development, and am intending to learn to
program in order to diversify my skill set a little bit.

I had been working through freecodecamp before I found out I was losing my
vision to RP as web development is very big in my local job market. I am
wondering now if web development as a specialization still makes sense or
if I should focus on a different programming language, like C# (since I
hear Visual Studio is more accessible than most IDEs). My central vision
still works but I don't want to count on that for my professional future,
and I'm dealing with some eye fatigue issues that is motivating me to learn
JAWS asap.

Is there any particular programming specialization that is more or less
accessible than others? My current role I can do without vision, but I
still want to learn to program.

Ryan