[nfbcs] Terminal emulator takes down Jaws

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Sep 5 20:18:57 UTC 2018

Tracy,

You have received some good suggestions already.  I was also going to see if
you could recreate the problem with NVDA running even if NVDA does not work
well enough in this context.  You also might check which character sets are
available to be displayed, and see if changing the character set helps.
Finally, JAWS has some settings that determine how long a program is
unresponsive before it restarts itself.  I would have to dig to find the
documentation I have on this, but extending or eliminating the wait period
could help if the host system is slow.  Your terminal emulator may be acting
as though it is not responding when the host is busy.  This seems unlikely,
but perhaps turning off this feature for your emulator would still be worth
it.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson