[nfbcs] Regarding braille note takers:

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat Sep 8 04:42:38 UTC 2018

Thirded. A “bad braille display” though? The braille on it is quite good. And, while it refreshes slower than instant, it refreshes from left to right faster than at least I can read. I’d love to see autoscrolling though. Sure, it also is a noisier than more expensive displays, but again, to meet the price point, compromises had to be made. BrailleMe chose different compromises, but they also had to make some. Yes I’d agree that the Orbit is a perfectly capable notetakerr, in the most basic sense of the term. You can take notes with it. If you intend to write *War And Peace*, which has already been written so you’d be plagiarizing it, the Orbit Reader 20 is probably not the display you want. If, however, you need something to keep personal notes to yourself, read braille documents and books, get braille from your phone, and things like that, the Orbit is a perfectly fine option.