[nfbcs] Help with Jaws API for vs.net project

Glen Gordon GGordon at VFOGroup.com
Sat Sep 8 20:04:00 UTC 2018

Charles,

My failure to answer when you posted this earlier is that I don't have direct experience with either of the technologies you're asking about.  I was hoping that somebody else who's walked this road might be able to offer up steps that are easier than what you've tried.

--Glen

Glen Gordon
VFO | Vice President & Chief Technology Officer
11800 31st Court North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716
T 727-299-6230
ggordon at vfo-group.com
www.vfo-group.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Charles E. Black via nfbcs
Sent: Saturday, September 8, 2018 12:10 PM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: charleseblack at att.net
Subject: [nfbcs] Help with Jaws API for vs.net project

Glen and others:

Visual Studio is a good program. It allows for many different things to be done by the blind. Among those things are developing asp.net pages, layout pages and interfacing with JSON classes.

I do have a couple of questions however. When I place a SQL Data Source object on a website or form, I need to easily access the setup for things like the connection string and table setups. Is there a way this can be done without having to guess the location of the elements on the form?

Secondly, my job is exploring SSRS. I am aware that Visual Studio can be used to develop these types of reports. Does anyone have a source for information as it relates to SSRS and Visual Studio from a blind perspective?

Thanks for all you guys do!