[nfbcs] Jaws Only Speaks First import in Eclipse

Timothy Breitenfeldt timothyjb310 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 18:20:54 UTC 2018

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
When using Eclipse specifically for Java, Jaws only reads the first
import statement at the top of a file. I have to go underneath the
import statement and press enter or backspace to make the other
imports appear.
For example, if I have the imports:

import java.util.Scanner;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Hashtable;

only import java.util.Scanner; is spoken by Jaws, unless I do one of
the things I mentioned above.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? or know how to fix it?
Is it a feature of Eclipse that I am not understanding for visual
effect to collapse the imports? That doesn't make much sence since
NVDA seems to read all of the imports just fine.

Thanks,

TJ Breitenfeldt