[nfbcs] Jaws Only Speaks First import in Eclipse

blind at trailstone.com blind at trailstone.com
Sun Sep 16 05:11:40 UTC 2018

TJ,
One feature eclipse does typically use as default is to collapse blocks of
code. Visually there is a plus sign off to the left of the code that allows
a visually developer to expand or collapse blocks of code. One of those
blocks is the import statement block.
Eclipse time to time will change various hot keys. Hot keys will differ from
version to version or OS platform. One hot key you can use to find out other
hot keys is
Ctrl  + Shift  + L : Shows you a List of your currently defined shortcut
keys

Some will say organizing your import statements will expand them. I am not
sure this is the correct way to accomplish it, but if it works then great.
Ctrl  + Shift  + O : Organize imports

I cannot recall the hot key for one block expansion, but you could use
Ctrl + Shift + NUM_KEYPAD_DIVIDE  : Collapse All code blocks
Ctrl + Shift + NUM_KEYPAD_MULTIPLY  : To open all code blocks

Graham Mehl
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, Vice President
LCB graduate, 2016