[NFBCS] Advice on giving talk about GPS

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 6 15:16:37 UTC 2019

My GPS has sometimes advised me to walk along the highway, which is a
pretty sure way to commit suicide.  It also seems to have no idea about
whether or not a street has sidewalks, or where there are traffic signals.
 It's also not very reliable in places like midtown Manhattan, with lots
of tall buildings.
I think it's a good idea to remind people of its limitations, as many
people seem to think it's totally wonderful.
Tracy