[NFBCS] Advice on giving talk about GPS

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Aug 7 12:54:03 UTC 2019

Tracy, it *is* totally wonderful, except when it isn’t, and when keeping in mind its limitations…which a lot of people (blind and sighted alike) do not. Remember, the only thing the GPS itself does is provide an approximate location on the earth by receiving a signal from a satellite. It’s some clever software tha t then puts that position on a map. So what you get is only as good as the map data that the software has to work with. Naturally, you know this, and so do a lot of people, but a lot more really don’t…like they don’t understand that a cellphone is just a little radio transceiver. It’ll just magic, right?

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Email: buddy at brannan.name
Mobile: (814) 431-0962