[NFBCS] Is C++ Programming Environment Accessible Using JAWS Or NVDA?

Timothy Breitenfeldt timothyjb310 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:33:25 UTC 2020

I have not written much C++, however, I know that the IDE I think that
is most communly used for C++ development in windows for sited and
blind people alike is visual studio. Visual studio has become very
accessible over the years and is a great IDE to work in. My only
complaint is that it is big and slow at times. I use eclipse or visual
studeo code in my day to day work, for java and javascript
programming, but both of these IDEs also support C++. Visual studio
code is less of an IDE and more of a very advanced code editor. At
least that is the way it is sold, but I would say it is an IDE. It has
auto complete, package management, debugging, etc... Visual studio
code is just far more lightweight than visual studio an runs faster as
a result. I feel that visual studio was more accessible though, but
you can made VS code work if you get the NVDA addon.

Timothy Breitenfeldt