[NFBCS] 3270 emulation success

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 26 14:54:35 UTC 2020

With help from Glen Gordon, I was able to get 3270 emulation to work well
with Jaws on Windows 10.

The answer was to get the latest version of the emulator, the latest version
of Jaws, and then figure out the necessary settings.For Hummingbird Host
Explorer, the settings that are working for me are:

Set Windows resolution and scale to 1920 X 1080, 150%.

In the emulator, set cursor to blinking vertical bar.

Set font to he_bitmap, size 16X35.

Under Options, Session Properties, Display, set to ignore blinking
attribute.  I only need this to make cursor routing on the braille display
work.

I am still not able to insert text on a line, but everything else works
great.  I expect it's some profile or emulator setting, but haven't figured
it out yet, and it's not a deal-breaker.

Many thanks to Glen for his help and moral support.

Tracy