[NFBCS] Accessibility for programmers

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 17:20:18 UTC 2020

Hello:

     I would agree that testing is a major issue. When I took the test for my IC3 test from Certiport, I requested and was granted accomodations in the form of extra time to take the test and the use of a sighted reader. In the presence of a procter, my sighted reader read me the questions, I told her the answers and she used the mouse to answer the questions.
When I took an Excel course using the McGraw Hill Education system, I found that the site locked my keyboard so that JAWS was unusable. I had to use a sighted reader to help me take the test.
I suggest we come up with a list of specific companies and sites that need work and then work through the list.
It occurs to me that their might be grant funding for specific projects. I am willing to work on this.

Regards,

Robert