[NFBCS] Serving various constituencies

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 26 20:00:33 UTC 2020

After reading Steve's historical perspective and analysis, I have another
thought.

NFB New Jersey has a division called NJ Technology, with a list-serve.  I am
a member, but not an officer.  Its general purpose is to help people with
general tech questions, like how to move email from one computer to another,
or how to deal with a not-so-accessible website, stuff like that that any
blind computer user might need to know.

Would it be useful for NFBCS to split like an amoeba and create 2 new
creatures, one for the regular user with tech interest or problems, and one
for professionals working with computers?  It would allow each to
concentrate better.  Or would it just divide whatever power we have?

I sheepishly admit I have neither the knowledge or the energy to run a tech
division, but I float the idea anyway.

Tracy