[NFBCS] Command Line Editors

Greg Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:53:54 UTC 2020

If you have a Mac you can use either the Terminal program, which is included or CodeRunner, which is commercial but which works very well with VoiceOver as well. MacOS is a UNIX variant under the hood and so will be much closer to the native Linux environment than Windows will be. Most of the Linux commands ls, rm, pwd and so on run the same on a Mac.

If you are writing shell programs which you will then run I would suggest CodeRunner as it is very useful for this kind of application. CodeRunner also works will all kinds of other programming languages such as Perl, Python, and JavanScript as well. It's a great program for this kind of work.

Greg