[NFBCS] The New Microsoft Edge

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:36:54 UTC 2020

Greetings everyone:

I have downloaded and am now using the new Microsoft Edge browser. I confess
that while it does indeed work as well as others have indicated, I find
little incentive at this point to make Edge my default browser, with all due
respect to the fine folks at Microsoft who doubtless have put in lots of
hours to get this working. The user interface feels very much like Google
Chrome. This is no surprise given the use of the Chromium engine for this
new browser. From what I am reading, there is another version of Edge due to
come out in the next few weeks, and I am optimistic that this, too, will
work.

My greatest difficulty with Edge was the user configuration. Some of the
checkboxes could not simply be checked or unchecked with the space bar.
also, I had some trouble finding out how to delete files and autocomplete
settings every time I closed the browser, but in the end, I was able to find
this setting. Incidentally, if interested, the run command in Windows to
start Edge is "msedge".

Good job Microsoft. Keep it up.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong