[NFBCS] Jaws and shell scripts

Timothy Breitenfeldt timothyjb310 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:30:06 UTC 2020

Hi, to answer your questions, yes, shell scripting on Linux is
definitely accessible, almost anything you write would exicute in a
command line environment.

I do not know VI personally, but yes it is accessible, as long as you
can find a decent SSH client. VI is a bit different than your standard
text editor, since you have two modes, one for input, and one for
output. You have to constantly switch between these two modes to be
able to use VI.
I tend to use Nano when I need to do any editing in a command Line
environment, otherwise I use Jedit, which generally comes installed
with the gnome desktop. I don't have to do a lot of file editing in
Linux, so there are probably better alternatives.

I have not used the SSH client built into Windows10 yet, although
perhaps that might give you the best experience if you use it through
the command prompt. The command prompt, although old and not most
programmers first choice, is very accessible, especially in Windows10.
The command prompt is my go to over Power Shell every time just
because I feel that I have a better accessibility experience.

I use Tera Term for my SSH client. It works alright with JAWS if I
remember correctly, but it works pretty great with NVDA.

https://ttssh2.osdn.jp/index.html.en

Timothy Breitenfeldt