[NFBCS] Help! I broke my laptop

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jun 19 15:51:32 UTC 2020

Last night, my laptop started doing something mysterious, and Jaws shut off.
Instead of being smart and starting Narrator, I held down the power button
and did a hard shutoff.  Now it won't start.  The Dell logo comes up for a
while, then it asks for my keyboard layout, then it offers troubleshooting.
I have tried auto-repair, system restore, and image restore, but none of
them work.  There are also options to uninstall updates, use a command
prompt, and UEFI something.  I haven't tried them.

I tried Googling different errors, but the results haven't been helpful.
One result muttered darkly about a corrupt registry.

I can try to find a tech, but things here are still pretty closed down, so
it might not be easy.

Any advice welcome.  Oh what a dope I am.

Tracy