[NFBCS] Accessible Date and Time Pickers

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Sun Mar 1 20:09:04 UTC 2020

	Hello.  The logic for building list boxes based on the month and day
of the year isn't that complicated.  You can do it with a couple of
javascript functions, or you could just put up the month, day and year
list boxes and then validate the data when the user submits it in the CGI
program itself.  Again, that validation is not terribly complicated.  If
the month is April, June, September or November,  (4, 6 9 or 11), then the
day count for the month is 30.  Otherwise it's 31.  Then, once you've
checked that, you check to see if the current month is February (2).  In
that case, if the current year is divisible by 4 or 1000, then the day
count is 29.  Otherwise it's 28.
Just a few lines of perl, php, or javascript will do all these checks for
you.  Javascript lets you do it in the browser, but you could just as
easily do it on the back end and then throw up an error page if something
doesn't check out.

Hope that helps.
-Brian