[NFBCS] QBraille braille display

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 3 18:56:54 UTC 2020

Today I got a hands-on demo of the HIMS QBraille.  It seems very nice, with
a braille display, braille input keys, and all the usual laptop function
keys built into the braille device, so I could do everything from one place.

However, I wasn't able to make it work fully on my work laptop, because it
needed a driver and I don't have admin rights, and, when the demonstrator
installed it on his laptop, it totally crashed Jaws.  That was rather
off-putting.

Is anyone using the QBraille with Jaws?  I'm guessing someone tested it with
Jaws before sending it out for sale, but it would be nice to really know
that's true.

(Psst, it's a Vispero conspiracy to kill all devices they don't sell.)

Tracy