[NFBCS] Microsoft Edge question

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:08:51 UTC 2020

Good morning Liz:

There are two versions of Microsoft edge: the older version and a newer one
which uses the Chromium open source engine. The latter is infinitely
preferable and works very well with the latest version of JAWS-and I do mean
the very latest version<smile>.

You can verify if you have the newest version of Edge simply by pressing
INSERT+Q (a JAWS command) when you open the browser. If it says that Google
Chrome settings are loaded, then you know you have the "good" version of
Edge.

You do not (repeat not) have to switch to Edge if you are using Chrome.
However, you need to go into the Default app settings and set up Chrome as
your default browser.

I hope this provides some clarification. As for me, I've been using the new
Edge for about a month, and I am quite happy with it.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong