[NFBCS] WEBEX Help

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu May 14 13:23:25 UTC 2020

Hi Leslie.
The phone number to call into a Webex meeting is 415-655-0001.  Once you
connect, it will ask you for a meeting ID.  However, that is often not easy
to find on the invite.
I have not had any real success getting into the phone options from the
computer.  There is a way to get Webex to call you back, but it requires
somehow activating a button which is unlabeled or maybe completely invisible
to Jaws.  If you have Team Viewer on your PC, you might be able to get AIRA
to help you, but I don't have that on my work PC, so haven't tried it.
I have been reasonably successful connecting to Webex using "Use computer
audio" or something like that.  When I enter the meeting page, I have to tab
once to something talking about video, then shift-tab back and hit enter.
It usually says there's a problem connecting, then it connects.  I unmute
audio, and we're good.
If I need to use Jaws during the meeting, I do insert-space then S to stop
most speech, then use my braille display.  Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the
other participants can hear Jaws chattering away in the background.  I know
I've heard Jaws chatter during Zoom meetings.
HTH.  Good luck.  The boss tells me soon we're switching to Zoom meetings,
which is a relief to me. Much simpler to connect to.
Tracy