[NFBCS] Facebook, I am not a robot

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 20 11:42:56 UTC 2020

I recently tried to sign up for Facebook, only because some events I'd like
to hear are only being held there.  Facebook is convinced I'm a robot, and I
can't change their minds.

First, they wanted me to record a video, which required me to "position my
face in the circle."  I did my best, but it may not have worked well.  Then
they wanted me to upload a photo to show I'm human, which I did.  Now they
want me to upload my photo ID-my non-driver's license, which smells too
phishy for me.

Has anyone successfully signed up for Facebook recently, since the lockdown
started?  If so, how did you do it?

I always knew Facebook was annoying, but this is ridiculous.

Tracy