[NFBCS] JAWS 2021 Not Reading Window Title When Changing Windows

Glen Gordon GGordon at Vispero.com
Mon Nov 16 02:09:04 UTC 2020

Hi, Graham,

We try really hard to isolate the various versions of JAWS so that one doesn't interfere with another. I can't think of how 2021 could have screwed up the other versions too. Is this with Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Thanks

--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: blind at trailstone.com <blind at trailstone.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2020 6:17 PM
To: Glen Gordon <GGordon at Vispero.com>; 'Nicole Torcolini' <ntorcolini at wavecable.com>; 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: 'Curtis Chong' <chong.curtis at gmail.com>; 'Steve Shelton' <stevesheltonokc at gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [NFBCS] JAWS 2021 Not Reading Window Title When Changing Windows

Glenn,
I tried to run JAWS 2021 with defaults and the problem still occurs.
Not sure if this helps, but when I run JAWS 2020 and JAWS 2019 the same problem seems to occur when it was not before I installed JAWS 2021. Maybe something more serious happened when my system crashed after the JAWS installation that I was not aware of. I will see if I can find the windows QR code I was given as a part of the crash notification To see if that will shed any light on the problem I am observing .

Graham Mehl                             `
blind at trailstone.com
NFB Central Maryland Chapter, President
NFB of Maryland Website and Technology Committee, Chair
LCB graduate, 2016