[NFBCS] Microsoft Visual Studio Code Editor for Linux

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Mon Nov 16 12:26:04 UTC 2020

For those who use Linux, it is my understanding that Microsoft has a version of their Visual Studio Code Editor for Linux that works with ORCA.  This has apparently been available for a couple of months.

The Visual Studio Code Editor is not the complete visual studio but is a full featured text editor designed for programmers.  It would be interesting to hear how well it works from those familiar with Linux and ORCA.  Also, Microsoft seems very committed to improving the accessibility of these products but needs feedback from users who are knowledgeable in this kind of software.  My understanding is that this version came out sometime after our NFBCS meeting.

Usually a Google search will get one to the right page.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson