[NFBCS] Questions about Google Docs

Jim Denham jdenham at wcblind.org
Mon Nov 16 18:30:08 UTC 2020

Leslie:

In addition to enabling screen reader mode, I would also strongly recommend enabling braille support. Even if you are not using a braille display, this enhances the accessibility of use of Google Docs. When in a document, you can do this with control alt h.
Once this is on, you should be able to use page up and page down to move through the document. You should also be able to move through the entire document just using the arrow keys. If, for some reason, you cannot do this, make sure you are set to print layout, which is in the view menu. To access the menus, press Alt F. You can then use the right arrow to move to the menu you want and press down arrow to open it.
You will find the option to download the document under the file menu. This will save a Word version of the document on your computer.
Hope this info helps.
Jim