[NFBCS] JAWS 2021 Not Reading Window Title When Changing Windows

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:22:00 UTC 2020

Hello:

Following is the only information I could find in the What's New section for
JAWS 2021. It has nothing to do with what is spoken when one presses
ALT+TAB.

______________________________

Automatic Message Reading in Outlook 365
When you open a message from the Inbox in Outlook 365, JAWS and Fusion will
now immediately begin reading the message contents without reading the title
or header information. Currently, messages are not automatically read if you
ALT+TAB to an open message, or you press ENTER on a message in the Inbox
that is already open.

To further customize how messages are read, open Quick Settings (INSERT+V)
while in Outlook, search for "message," and configure any of the resulting
options. A few items you might want to change include:

Message Header Field with Message Announcement: Turn this option on if you
want JAWS and Fusion to announce the sender's email address and the subject
of the message when a message opens or gains focus.
Messages Automatically Read: Turn this option off if you do not want JAWS
and Fusion to automatically read messages when they are opened.
Speak Window Titles For Read-only Messages Automatically: Turn this option
on if you want JAWS and Fusion to announce the title of the message window
when a message opens or gains focus.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong