[NFBCS] Accessibility Overlays, what are they and can someone elaborate on them?

Chris Nestrud ccn at chrisnestrud.com
Fri Sep 25 14:06:11 UTC 2020

My understanding is that when you decide to use an overlay you're asking
some other company to provide javascript that changes the UI of your
website in ways that you hope will resolve any accessibility issues.  I'd love to hear from someone having first-hand experience with these
overlays.

This site uses an overlay by accessiBe, https://accessibe.com/.

Here's some background on accessiBe and accessibility overlays:

#accessiBe Will Get You Sued | Adrian Roselli
https://adrianroselli.com/2020/06/accessibe-will-get-you-sued.html

Bolt-on Accessibility - 5 gears in reverse | TPG - The Accessibility Experts
https://developer.paciellogroup.com/blog/2020/05/bolt-on-accessibility-5-gears-in-reverse/

Chris