[NFBCS] deploying a virtual machine

Amelia Pellicciotti ameliapelli95 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:01:03 UTC 2021

Good evening everyone,
I am a cyber security student pursuing the 501 cert, and I am a
full-time screen reader user, no magnification. For a lab in my
course, I need to mount a virtual machine from a linux distribution,
and take a screenshot of its desktop once it is loaded to confirm
completion of the assignment. We were encouraged to do this using
oracle virtual box, but it has several issues with jaws and NVDA. I
have heard that VM ware is accessible. Then there is the matter of
selecting a variant  with speech capability once the drive is mounted.
Is that correct? Which versions have orca already included? the
instructor gave us a link to the Kali Linux distribution.
Thank you very much for your feedback, I hope all of you have a nice
safe, healthy and enjoyable weekend.