[NFBCS] working on java project remotely

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Mon Feb 8 17:25:03 UTC 2021

All:

I started work on a new team at my current job, and I'm moving from
using Visual Studio to Eclipse.

The build has to happen on the mac because of our environment, but
development on the mac using Alex is really tough for me, not to mention
swapping back and forth for a reasonable web browsing experience. my
initial thought was to sshfs the build directory, then load the maven
project up in Eclipse.

This works and I can search and browse (although it's slow), but I run
into issues when autocomplete is used, because the path doesn't include
the JDK. I'm afraid of further issues like this, even if I do manage to
somehow set this up right. Is there a clean way to use Eclipse to do
remote development that anyone knows about?

Thanks,

--

Take Care,
Tyler Littlefield (he/him/his)

Tyler Littlefield Consulting: website development and business
solutions. <http://tylerlittlefield.me> My personal site
<http://tysdomain.com> My Linkedin
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/ty-lerlittlefield> @Sorressean on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/sorressean>