[NFBCS] Line Numbers

lewislwood at gmail.com lewislwood at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:55:53 UTC 2021

Is there a code editor that gives line numbers and fold/outline status?

VSCode has the ability to fold code, which can help locate unclosed
structures.   Also folding helps with Cuttin, Copying, and Pasting.

I tried VSCode and Adam to no avail.  Although Adam is complicated and I
just gave it only a few minutes so far.

I tried Fusion, Jaws, NVDA, and Narrator.  None spoke line numbers.  Without
line numbers you can not know if a line is folded/collapsed.  Line numbers
jumping in value are a give away.  Would be nice if they announced folded.

I even tried my Focus 5th  Generation Braille Display and it did not on an
screen reader either.

Any ideas?

Lewis Wood