[NFBCS] PDF accessibility is crazy

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:11:11 UTC 2021

Tracy:

Regarding Acrobat Reader DC, I suspect that the version you opened in
Windows 7 is not the latest one available from Adobe. One strategy I have
used when a PDF is open is to copy and paste the contents into a Microsoft
Word window. My usual way of pasting in Word (text only) would not be good
because you want to keep the links as links so that you can activate them.

Given my many years of experiencing trying to decode PDF documents, Acrobat
Reader DC seems for me to provide the most consistent (albeit not perfect)
experience. When reading bank statements where all I want is the text, the
best experience for me is to copy and paste the text into a stable (and
readable) window in Microsoft Word.

I hope this provides a bit more information and clarification to get you
through the problem.

Regards,

Curtis Chong