[NFBCS] A question about how to have sensitive data move from a notetaker to my MacBook Pro?

Charles Vanek charles.vanek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 01:02:47 UTC 2021

I’m not familiar with the note taker but if you have Word or Microsoft 365 then wouldn’t the simplest thing be to encrypt the Word documents and copy them?  The AES-256 security on Word 2016 or later is to my understanding solid.

Assuming you don’t have Word on the Mac.  The Apple built in password manager is great for passwords.  But not necessarily good if you are encrypting other sensitive data.  For that I would recommend Microsoft 365 and the above noted AES-256 encryption capability along with the ability for OneDrive to synchronize across systems.

I know that might not be exactly the answer you’re looking for but hope that helps and if you elaborate on the other sensitive data size-wise maybe others will have additional input.

Sent from my iPhone